Monday 9 April 2012

My work in the past couple on months has taken a slightly different route than I initially intended. In the photographs that I have taken the mostly visible element is the urban environment. I have found interest in capturing the trees in the streetlights, leaves in puddles, and especially now, while back at home, the city remains my main interest. It is the best environment to develop the idea of nature that is overlooked, unnoticed.

The elements of nature that I capture, even if rarely unnoticeable like snow and rain, I look at it from the prism of my own comfort zone, whether it is the room of my window or a window of a bus. That is just to show what we see every day, yet rarely spend time to admire.

These are the first photographs I took when I came back home, to my amazement to a snowy and to an outsider very gray and dull (to me - beautiful) neighbourhood at the edge of the capital Vilnius.






I tried to focus on the snow instead of automatically focusing on the background and got this interestingly blurry image. Even though you can not really see that the image is taken through a window, it being so added to the picture as the flowers that had been placed on the window sill created a gentle color reflection which adds to the picture which originally lacks in colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment